Wow! I was so excited to hear that the wonderful blogger, thoughtful pigeon had nominated me for the Liebster award! Just a day after this I discovered that I was nominated for the Real Neat Blog award by the lovely, MyLipAddiction! A big thank you to both of them and to all of my awesome followers- you all make my day!
For those of you who don’t know, the Liebster and “Neat Blog” are tag-like awards that allow the blogging community to come together and recognize up-and-coming bloggers. For organization purposes, I have decided to combine both nominations into a single post (don’t want to bombard my followers) and I will be answering the questions based on the Liebster Award rules with the Neat Blog Award questions included. Although from my understanding these are common awards to go around WordPress, I am so happy to be nominated and incredibly thankful to have just one person reading my content, let alone nearly 200!!
I was nominated to answer the following questions. Enjoy!
- What’s your favourite book?
Recently I haven’t been reading as much as I would like to be however, I recently completed To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and surprisingly enjoyed it a lot (I assumed I would dread it because it was school assigned). I feel that the novel had some valuable lessons that can definitely be interpreted by various readers. It’s one of those books that you can gain from with each time you read it. I am always open to new book suggestions as I would like to start reading more often, so definitely leave your favorite books in the comments!
2. Your favourite holiday destination?
Over Christmas break this year my family and I took an incredible, surprise trip to Los Angeles, California. I immediately fell in love with the environment and already want to return! The city reminded me of a more relaxed New York City, as it was filled with intriguing characters and quirky places to visit! Speaking of NYC, I can not neglect it as one of my favorite holiday destinations. Although I live quite close to the city, each trip I take there is a new adventure. Especially around the holidays, the spirit is positively contagious. I love exploring and hope to travel to France (or anywhere in Europe) in the future as I am currently studying the French language (J’adore voyage!)
3. What was the first CD you bought?
To be completely honest, I can’t remember the last time I listened to a CD and was never quite old enough to buy my own when they were more popular. I do however, clearly remember constantly stealing my sister’s CD with the soundtrack to Another Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff… to this day it’s still one of my favorite movies!
4. What’s your favourite brand of makeup?
This is a tough one as my makeup collection is definitely packed with numerous cosmetic brands! If I had to pick a favorite however, it would have to be a tie between Benefit and Urban Decay. I have always been in love with Urban Decay and their Naked palettes as the colors are perfect for everyday looks, yet they can be dressed up too! I’ve recently fallen in love with Benefit Cosmetics as well and can’t get enough of their stains and highlights. In addition to these awesome brands I always love a good drugstore product as well.
5. Five favourite skin care products?
- Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion
- Netrogena Naturals- purifying makeup remover cleansing towelettes.
- Netrogena Oil Free Cleansing wipes (pink grapefruit)
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser
- Burt’s Bees Herbal Blemish Stick
I use each of these products when I see best fit and definitely not all at once!
6. Favourite YouTuber?
I love watching Zoella and Alfie’s vlogs.
7. Favourite perfume?
I recently picked out the L’occitane perfume, Fleur D’or Acacia and I LOVE it. It’s the perfect mix of fresh and feminine. I would definitely recommend it if you are in the market for a new, daily scent!
8. Top 5 TV shows you love?
- Friends (!!!!)
- Modern Family
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (a hilarious Netflix original)
- The Carrie Diaries
- Gossip Girl
9. Favourite super hero?
I hate to say it but I have only seen one single super hero movie and it was Captain America… I did thoroughly enjoy it though so I would have to say that Captain America is my favorite!
10. Why did you start blogging?
I originally had to create a blog for my Journalism class in school. Subsequent to the class ending I realized that I had really enjoyed sharing my thoughts and ideas on my very own blog and recently decided to pick it back up. Once I started gaining a following I was over the moon and have been loving it ever since. I am looking forward to what the future has in store for my little page!
11. Any advice you’ve picked up so far you could give to other bloggers?
If I were to give one word of advice to other, new bloggers I would tell them not to be afraid to put themselves out there. To some, it may seem scary sharing their writing to such a large audience, however if you gain the confidence to share you will see how much fun it really is!
Neat Blog Award Questions:
1. What’s Your Favourite Lip Product- Like ever!!!
Aside from my holy grail lip balm, Nivea- “a touch of smoothness,” I’d have to say my favorite lip product (like ever!!) would be the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in “Rikugein.” I am in love with the smooth texture and the color is the perfect step up from a natural looking lip. The matte consistency is bold on its own however it can also be dressed up with a clear gloss. Love love love it!!
2. If You could Live Anywhere in the world… Where would it be?
I pondered this question for quite a while but I’m going to have to be boring and say my current home on the East Coast (USA). As of now I am very content with living in a beautiful suburb that is just close enough to New York City- for weekend adventures. I would also (my decisiveness is coming out) love to venture to France in the future and experience the culture and scenic change.
3. What is Your Favourite clothing line?
I don’t necessarily shop by line or brand but I do have several favorite stores. Some of them being, Free People, Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters!
4. What’s Your Favourite movie?
This question seems so simple but it is so, so tough! I am an avid movie watcher and seem to have a new favorite every month! As of now my go to movie is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off… a classic. I would love to hear your own movie recommendations, so definitely leave them in the comments!
5. What’s Your Favourite flower?
I think pink Peonies are just beautiful!
6. Do You have a pet?
Yes! I have an adorable Shih Tzu Bichon mix puppy named Molly! She is 12 pounds of pure joy.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I LOVE elephants and have ever since I was a baby.
- I have had a passion for dance all of my life and have studied over 8 different kinds. Ballet will always be my favorite!
- Audrey Hepburn is one of my role models and I hope to emulate her elegance one day.
- I have a sister who is 5 years older than me…and I love her very much!
- I adore fashion but coincidentally wear a uniform to school.
- I can never stick to and finish a series on Netflix (I get bored quickly).
- I have an ENFJ personality type.
- I order lemonade almost everywhere I go.
- I hope to pursue a career involving writing and journalism in the future.
- I am never not in the mood for good chocolate chip pancakes.
- I constantly feel grateful for the life I live because it is filled with incredible people!
Those with under 200 followers that I would like to nominate are:
Have fun ladies, I can’t wait to learn more about you!
The questions for those I nominated:
1. What is your favorite pizza topping?
2. What is one movie that changed your life?
3. If you could go shopping with anyone (living or deceased) who would they be?
4. What is your favorite time of day? Why?
5. Do you prefer taking photos or modeling in them?
6. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life what would it be?
7. What is your favorite thing to bake/cook?
8. What is your favorite kind or makeup (mascara, blush etc.)
9. Which animal describes your personality/ If you were an animal which would it be?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. What do you hope to achieve throughout your blogging journey?
Once again, thank you so much for the nominations! I am so thankful to have all of my followers and can’t wait to expand this little “family” and learn more about the wonderful blogging community! I had a blast answering these questions and I hope you learned a bit more about me!
Don’t forget to like, comment & follow for new posts! Lots of love Xx